Thursday, February 10, 2011

They said God did it for me

Once I was trapped in a quagmire of sorts
A task of stupendous difficulty
And so hard this task was beginning to be
I tottered on the brink of insanity

Proverbial heavy weather, was always there
Sheer weight hunch backing me
I bent, I bent till I could bend no more
Of this prison, could not be free

So I prayed to God, my friends asked me to
I prayed like I never prayed before
His benevolent smile comforted me
Sparse consolation to my soul

Still nothing changed, quickly became morose
again, Pain receded to come back once more
And as waves of pain inundated me
I struggled to find a shore

Finally I took too much, thin line broken
I thought, nay decided to fight back,
If I would win, I would win
If I lose, a hero's last stand.

And fight I did, fight to the
Last shred of humanity
It took me some time, though
To beat the crippling anxiety.

I am rich now, and successful too
Even a tiny bit happy
And then I hear the people say
That God did it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment