Friday, October 29, 2010

Footprints( or shoe prints) in time?

In his poem 'Psalm of Life', Longfellow talked about 'footprints in the sands of time'. Though it then falls into other topics later, this line struck me as very significant, and I stored it away for future use. And I was proved  right. So, today,  me and  me friends had a  hell of our time at the beach, and I went there and dug my leg in deep. Obviously, there was a footprint(or a shoe print). However, in like 10 seconds, a huge  wave came crashing and the beautiful footprint(or shoe print) was washed away. And the metaphor came to mind too. Makes sense, does it not? Our footprints in time, our deeds, our actions, our memory, how long  will it be till all is washed away too, and we are absolutely forgotten? How long till a huge wave comes crashing down, and the footprint(or shoe print) is washed away. Nice thing to occupy the night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment